1. Importance of your Privacy
2. Who We Are and Getting in Touch
EU residents may also exercise their data subject rights by contacting our Privacy Officer, who is also TapMango’s Data Protection Officer (see Section 10 of this policy: GDPR Compliance at TapMango).
3. What Personal Information does TapMango Collect about Me?
‘Personal information’ is any information about an identifiable individual. TapMango collects personal information provided to us using fair and lawful means, and for the following specific purposes:
- To log in to TapMango on our Website or app, you must select a username and password or use Facebook for social sign in. However, the password you select is stored hashed such that it remains unknown even to TapMango, and if using social sign in, none of your Facebook profile information is collected by TapMango;
- To register for TapMango, you will be asked to provide your name, mobile phone number, e-mail address, birthday and any specific information requested by TapMango merchants such as the products or services you may be interested in. Merchants decide what data fields are mandatory and optional for participating in their loyalty programs;
- To respond to and learn from our users: Any information you voluntarily provide is also collected by TapMango, such as if you provide personal information using the ‘Contact Us’ page on TapMango’s Website or if you choose to complete a TapMango or merchant survey through our Applications;
In addition, when you use TapMango’s Website or app, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your IP address, unique device identifier, and other device information (such as your operating system version and mobile network provider). TapMango also automatically collects and uses additional information from users such as location, purchase activity, Application open date and time, idle time, and all clicks and/or swipes within the Application (together with time and order). We collect such information to assess user experience and improve our Applications. TapMango may also collect information posted by users on social media sites for users that have opted to connect to or otherwise link TapMango with social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter.
4. How is My Personal Information Used?
TapMango uses personal information responsibly in order to ensure we are meeting your expectations of TapMango Services. For example, we use personal information to:
- Administer loyalty/rewards programs on behalf of merchants we have a business relationship with;
- Engage in proximity marketing using geofencing technology on behalf of our merchants;
- Give TapMango and its merchants a clear picture of its users’ purchasing activities;
- Provide TapMango users with merchant benefits;
- Contact you from time to time as requested by merchants; to provide critical information about service updates, technical issues or other information important to know regarding TapMango Services; or to provide support and answer any questions you may have;
- Customize, measure and improve our services and content;
- Analyze our user database to review preferences and trends for statistical and analytical purposes, marketing initiatives and for operations and development; and
Note that automated data collection does not lead to profiling that significantly affects TapMango users, but is simply used to give TapMango a clear picture of its users and to provide special offers to TapMango users.
5. Who is My Personal Information Shared With?
TapMango only shares personal information as authorized by you or as follows:
- With the merchant who has entered into a business relationship with TapMango to provide you with their own rewards/loyalty program and other incentives;
- With service providers who directly or indirectly assist us in providing TapMango Services to you. In working with our service providers, your personal information may be transferred to a foreign jurisdiction to be processed or stored. Such information may be provided to law enforcement or national security authorities of that jurisdiction upon request, in order to comply with foreign laws; and
- In response to a subpoena, regulatory investigation or court order, or your personal information may be shared with law enforcement authorities who have demonstrated their lawful authority.
6. How is My Personal Information Kept Secure?
TapMango has implemented critical physical, organizational and technical measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of the data we collect. We have also taken steps to avoid accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal information. While no system is completely secure, the measures implemented by TapMango significantly reduce the likelihood of a data security breach.
In addition, we recommend that you do your part in protecting yourself from unauthorized access to your TapMango account by ensuring no one else uses your computer or device when you are logged in, by logging off when TapMango Services are not in use and by keeping your password confidential. TapMango is not liable for any unauthorized use of your personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
Here are some examples of the data security controls in place at TapMango (this is not an exhaustive list):
- The use of encryption when personal information is transferred to and stored on TapMango’s servers. Transmission between your browser and our web server is implemented using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology;
- Limited access to personal information by TapMango staff on a need-to-know basis, and the use of robust authentication processes (e.g. complex passwords are required);
- The use of data centers with effective physical and logical data security controls, and the use of reputable third parties who have demonstrated security consciousness; and
- Secure office premises and staff that are keenly aware of their data protection responsibilities.
No method of transmitting or storing data is 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. If you have reason to believe that your TapMango account is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem at firstname.lastname@example.org in order for TapMango to resolve the issue in a timely manner. Also keep in mind that e-mail is not a secure form of communication so never send sensitive personal information to us via e-mail. Examples of sensitive information include social insurance numbers or credit card numbers.
7. Not for Children under Thirteen
TapMango Services are neither designed nor intended to collect personal information from children who are under the age of thirteen (13).
In order to ensure compliance with the provisions of the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and other data protection laws around the world aimed at protecting children, children under the age of thirteen (13) are not permitted to access or use TapMango Applications, and children under the age of thirteen (13) should not provide any personal information to TapMango. You may reside in a country where local laws fix the digital age of consent to be older than 13. You may only use TapMango if you have reached this age of consent, in accordance with applicable local laws. If you do not meet the digital age of consent of your country, you must immediately cease using TapMango Services.